Cannes has all of the things people want when searching for a holiday property: near-perfect climate year-round, accessibility to a major airport, exclusive events and parties, pristine beaches, high scale shopping and delicious restaurants. Year-round activities and an international jet setting lifestyle are just two reasons why Cannes is one of France’s most exclusive areas for buying property. When looking for property for sale in Cannes, consider these perks to finding a holiday home in what some consider to be the start of the French Riviera.
1. Cannes is located a quick 35 minutes from the Nice Côte d’Azur International Airport, making it a convenient area to purchase a holiday home. This airport is Europe’s largest, second only to the one located in Paris.
2. Explore nearby French Riviera towns at your leisure. The area has a reliable public transportation system. On the non-sea side, Cannes is encircled by municipalities including Théoule-sur-Mer, Mandelieu-la Napoule, Le Cannet, Mougins and Vallauris Golfe-Juan.
3. The French Riviera has a highly sought-after climate, with long, warm summers and mild winters. The area sees over 300 days of sunshine every year.
4. Summertime water sports are easy to get into, with plenty of swimming and sailing opportunities practically outside your front door.
5. Spend time on the slopes during the winter. Ski resorts are less than two hours away.
6. The Festival de Cannes, also known as the Cannes Film Festival, is held every year. Dating back to 1946, the festival lures in Hollywood’s brightest stars, not to mention tons of media attention.
7. Known for attracting movie stars, Cannes is a veritable haven for anyone who loves all things celebrity. Cruising down the coast can easily turn into a game of, “Which celebrity lived there?”
8. The shopping in Cannes is phenomenal. Posh stores are the norm, with brands like Chanel being the standard.
9. When you need a little break from the glitz and glamour, head to Old Town to peruse the traditional French markets.
10. Want to live right in the heart of town? Feel the energy pulsate by looking for property on the popular Promenade de la Croisette. The area is desirable, robust and always hopping.
11. Is a residential area more your speed? Two of Cannes’ most popular suburban areas are Croix-des-Gardes and La Californie.
12. Hillside properties are available in Super-Cannes, which sits above the town and offers views of the Lérins Islands. As a bonus, the hillsides tend to be covered with lemon trees and lavender.
13. If you’re hoping for a home-away-from-home during the wintertime, several Cannes properties serve as holiday getaways and are especially quiet during the winter season.
14. While Cannes is a tourist hot spot, the overabundance of visitors has never seemed to wear down the radiant Côte d’Azur.
15. Since you won’t be at your Cannes home full-time, you’ll want to make sure your property is safe when you’re away. There are plenty of flats and houses in gated communities that will provide security and peace of mind.
16. Cannes boasts high-priced homes and attracts wealthy buyers. For people who may have been made to feel guilty about their wealth, Cannes is a place where they can live freely and without judgement. Residents don’t feel like they have to cover up their affluence.
17. Approximately 27 events and conferences are held in Cannes throughout the year, giving you plenty of opportunities to rent out your holiday home when you’re not using it.
18. Should you fall in love with your Cannes property and opt to move the family there full time, there are plenty of high quality, English-speaking schools in the area.
Renting Your Holiday Home to Travelers
In Cannes, there are an abundance of rental needs for both tourists and business travelers, and the rental market is strong in every season. If you’re going to rent your home, keep in mind the property’s location as a lot of people prefer to be near the Palais des Festivals, where multiple conferences are held annually.